home > Natalie HIDEG
User registered on 24/10/2011
Diplômée dans les domaines du journalisme et des lettres, je suis journaliste freelance à Paris où je travaille sur les documentaires et dans la rédaction Web. Je m'intéresse aux évolutions dans l'industrie de l'édition et dans la presse écrite, notamment aux journaux.
Holding degrees in Journalism and French Literature, I am a freelance journalist based in Paris and work on documentaries and on the Web. I am interested in evolutions within the publishing industry and in print media, particularly newspapers.
User profile published content
My INA Global articles
MSNBC ‘leans forward', and to the left
During the 2008 U.S. presidential elections, up-and-coming 24-hour cable news channel MSNBC officially embraced its liberal identity and gave CNN and Fox a run for their money. How MSNBC emerged as a veritable challenger for the number two spot in cable news. Read the article >>
Penguin back in the e-lending game, for now
[NEWS] Library patrons with Kindles, Nooks, and iPads – amongst other devices – have to keep up with publishing industry news in order to know which ebooks they have access to. Now, adding one more hoop to jump through, they will now have to go through different distributers as well. Read the article >>
North American Newspapers Positioning For a Digital Future
[NEWS] Four U.S. newspapers are cutting down to three-day-a-week printing schedules, while a Canadian media group will eliminate its Sunday editions. Owners prefer to label the changes as a ‘reorganization,’ but journalists and readers are left wondering what it will mean for the industry. Read the article >>
Amazon Extends CreateSpace Self-Publishing to Europe
[NEWS] Amazon’s KDP program facilitates the publishing process and provides new authors and indie publishers with instant exposure. More and more authors are enticed by the allure of self-publishing thanks to Amazon’s library incentives as well as its expansion into the European print book market. Read the article >>
Court ruling paves way for more political advertisements
Advertising & Communication
[NEWS] A U.S. court of appeals has struck down a ban on political advertisements on public television and radio. Some say this decision could lead to a fundamental transformation of public broadcast financing, thereby devaluing the educational mission of such stations. Read the article >>
- Publishing 15.04 | London Book Fair The global market place and leading business-2-business exhibition for rights negotiation and the sales and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels.
- Television 31.03 | MIPTV Le MIPTV, le marché international des programmes télé, aura lieu à Cannes du 1 au 4 avril.
- Publishing 29.03 | Quais du polar Quinze auteurs américains issus du roman noir -- notamment Michael Connelly, Patricia MacDonald et Thomas H. Cook -- seront les vedettes de la 8e édition de Quais du polar à Lyon.
- Cinema 25.01 | Rotterdam Film Festival Rotterdam Film Festival
- Digital Tech 18.04 | "New York Tech Day" conférence The Next Web accueille des start-ups new yorkaises pour le New York Tech Day (un salon des sciences) afin de présenter ces entreprises aux journalists, investiseurs, et potentials employés. Il aura lieu au "Flatiron."
- Music VentureBeat 24/05/2012
- Telecommunications Mashable 22/05/2012
- Music The Next Web 22/05/2012
- Radio The New York Times 21/05/2012
- Digital Tech CBS News 18/05/2012
- Music The Los Angeles Times 16/05/2012
- Publishing The New York Times 16/05/2012